cPVC stands for Chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride. cPVC Pipes and Fittings are produced from a specialty blend of chlorinated polyvinyl chloride material with unique physical properties desirable for piping application.
CPVC Pipes & Fittings
A G Universal Limited deals in manufacturing and distribution of cPVC pipes & fittings for construction and other industries. cPVC stands for chlorinated Polyvinyl Chloride. It is a strong, durable material that is being used in plumbing applications for more than 5 decades. It was originally developed by Lubrizol Advanced Materials. It differs from PVC pipes. PVC is a versatile thermoplastic piping and fitting material which is used for various plumbing applications. The main difference between PVC and cPVC is that cPVC can handle temperatures up to 200 degree Fahrenheit while PVC peaks at 140 degree Fahrenheit. Above these temperatures both types of begin to soften thus increasing the risk of joints and pipes failure. Another difference between cPVC and PVC is that cPVC solvent cements must meet ASTMF493 specifications while PVC solvents cement must ASTMD2564 specifications.
The main advantages of cPVC pipes & fittings are their mechanical strength, corrosion resistance, ideal flow rates, easy maintenance, easy installation, low combustibility and low thermal conductivity features as described below:
- cPVC has special mechanical strength which make it more durable and stronger material than other pipes and fittings.
- cPVC is chemically inactive against most mineral acids basis and salts.
- cPVC pipes allow more fluid to flow in pumps with small cross-sectional areas thus making it more energy efficient.
- cPVC piping system require little or no maintenance.
- cPVC pipes pipes installation does not require electricity.
- cPVC has a very low combustible temperature of 482 degree Celsius.
A G Universal Limited deals in different types of PVC pipes & fittings. Astral cPVC PRO pipes and fitings are made from cPVC compounds. They have the highest impact resistance without any loss in pressure bearing capacities. Various specifications for cPVC pipes are IS15778, ASTMD1784, ASTMD246, ASTMF493, ASTMF441, ASTMF438, ASTMF439 and ASTMD2774.